With naturopathic physician, Dr. Alan Logan, Dr. Treloar co-authored The Clear Skin Diet (Cumberland House Publishing, 2007) to help her patients and colleagues understand the scientific rationale behind dietary treatment of acne.
- Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology (FAAD)
- Institute for Functional Medicine
- Massachusetts Academy of Dermatology
- New England Dermatological Society
- Massachusetts Medical Society
- American College of Nutrition
"Dr. Treloar is really something else! The whole office is super friendly and always make conversation with me when I arrive for my appointment. Barbara is a doll and the medical assistants are thorough and friendly. I came to Doctor Treloar for severe scalp itchiness which turned out to be scalp dermatitis. Using the advice she gave (a nutrition change and prescribed medication) within 3 months the scalp dermatitis has significantly improved. I came back to her for my acne, after having successful results with my scalp issues. We talked about eating, exercise and stress-relieving techniques to help my acne prone skin. Everytime, I speak to her I feel like she listens, and offers good advice for next steps. I am now in the process of starting a paleo diet and some other lifestyle changes to clean up my skin (and overall health). They even have a list of integrative health primary care doctors in the area. Thank you to this office for all your help!"
- Bryana G.
Dr. Valori Treloar, MD, CNS, FAAD
- Doctor of Medicine - Boston University School of Medicine, 1985
- Internal Medicine Residency - Boston Veteran's Administration Hospital, 1987
- Dermatology Residency - Boston University - Tufts University Joint Residency Program, 1990
- Certified Nutrition Specialist, American College of Nutrition
- Institute for Functional Medicine Certified Practitioner (IFMCP), 2013
Dr. Treloar is a board certified dermatologist who has been practicing dermatology for over 25 years.